1948 Military mail - Jerusalem: 2- MAY 1948 "Misrad Kesher | Yerusalayim" (Signals Corp) inter-unit stampless corresondence registered Hagana cv #159 ex "Mizrachi Department" (cachet on back) to "HaLevy", marked "Dan Urgent"; received by "Maimon" who crossed out the addresee's name; tied by scarce bluish-black "M-K/J-M" cachet; originally sealed by tape and carefully opened, folded vertically & horizontally; Muenz certified. Rare intercity military communications in beseiged Jerusalem.
1948 military mail: 11 April 1948 local HAIFA registered cover ex Hagana HQ in Haifa to Commander of Camp 14, marked "secret"; with HQ cachet on front and Camp's receipt cachet on front and back; slit open at top, folded at center. Unfranked as military mail. Sent 9 days before Hagana forces launched 20-21 April operation to liberate Haifa.
1948 Military mail - Jerusalem: 4 AUG 1948 "Misrad Kesher | Yerusalayim" (Signals Corp) inter-unit stampless corresondence sent to "Officer in charge of Airforce Property matters", re-directed to "deputy battalion commander Y. Meiri" of Southern Command (J'lem), and received 6 AUG; inter-unit/intercity correspondence handled by the SIgnals Corps. Light pencil manuscript at top & bottom suggests sender is "Yardeni" of "2nd battalion - operations division". Sealed with tape; torn open but complete.
1948 besieged Sodom incoming military mail: confirmation slip for a postal bag delivery by air to SDOM, ex TLV; pmk'd "Base A" 15 Aug 1948 and arrived Sodom next day, marked by large Sodom Army Post cachet as arrival mark. Of interest: per TPHTPI v2pt2 p.173 mail from Sodom was handled by Base A only from mid-September; perhaps it was in use a month earlier based on this document to the area.
1948 besieged Sodom outbound mail: October 1948 flown cv ex soldier, marked "on active service" with Sodom area KABA 192 h/s (in use there since July), to TLV; as of mid-Sept. processed by "Base A" on Hayarkon Street in TLV, where arrived 24 X 48. Sodom was under full land & postal siege from 10 April to 25 November 1948, and all mail to and from it was carried by air; slit open at top, with exhibition mount corner on top-right.