Haganah/Israeli Army (IDF) "Givati Brigade" unit pin, circa. 1947-50; has simple pin soldiered on back; weight: 0.95g.
In its original incarnation the Givati Brigade was one of the IDF's first 6 infantry brigades, formed in 1947 as the 5th "Givati" Brigade and composed of foreign volunteers ("Machal-niks"), field troops of the Haganah ("Khish") and a battalion of underground Eztel/Irgun organization members. During the War of Independence the Brigade fought in the Tel Aviv-Jerusalem area, protected armored convoys to beseiged Jerusalem, and whose reconnaisance/jeep company (commanded by Tzvi Tzur, the future Chief of Staff) distinguished itself and became known then and until today as "Sampson's Foxes" ("Sho'aley Shimshon"). The Brigade was disbanded in 1956, reorganized as an infantry reserve unit which underwent a few incarnations and is now known as the 84th Givati Brigade.
מילות מפתח: מיליטריה מיליטאריה סיכות סיכה יחידות יחידה שירות חולצה חולצות דרגה דרגות תג תגיות צה"ל צה"לי צבא הגנה פלמ"ח