Palestine/Yishuv: 10 anniversary pin for 'Tel Nordau' school in Tel Aviv, 1935-36; not maker-marked; size: 20 x 32.25mm; weight: 1.25g. Pin depicts emblem of the school, w/Heb. leg.: "Decade Festivity 5686-5696 [1925/6-1935/6] 'Tel-Nordoi' [as the name is also spelled in Hebrew] T[el] A[viv]". The school & the neighborhood in which it was est. is named after Zionist leader Max Nordau; built together with the neighborhood in 1925, & was TLV's northernmost until early 1930s, when the expanding city absorbed it. In the 1930s-40s the school served as a covert training base for female members of the Hagana.