"Hamahanot Haolim" (The Rising Camps) socialist-Zionist youth movement member's pin with twin-loop back, circa. 1930's; size: 18.5 x 26.5mm; weight: 2.2g. The movement arose in 1930 from a conglomeration of a number of youth movement, and in 1932 established the first of over 40 settlements, Kibbutz Beit HaShitta; merged with the "Dror" movement in 1954. Its name implies that the "camp" is a temporary place from which members arise and achieve fulfillment. Note the unusual august style of the emblem (with both banks of the Holyland on the map), unlike the modernist or period-contemporary designs adopted by most of the Zionist youth movements.