Palestine/Yishuv: hat badge of the "Aviv" taxi service ('Moniot Aviv'), circa. 1930's-40's; not maker-marked; size: 21 x 31.5mm; weight: 7.1g. The emblem bears a large Hebrew letter "Alef" and the name "Aviv" in Hebrew above (and in English below). The company was formed in 1936 and is known in philatelic circles as one of the taxi companies that handled "taxi mail" (mail transported [faster] by taxi for a higher fee than by the Palestine Postal Authority). The company exist until today having undergone mergers and acquisitions and is known now as "Aviv Shigur".