Israel: emblem pin of the Municipality of Beersheva, circa. 1950s; not maker-marked; size: 17.5 x 19.25mm; weight: 1.6g. Although the original Ottoman settlement of Beersheva was declared a city in 1906, the present Israeli settlement was established a little northwards of its predecessor and became a city in 1950, the same year in which the depicted emblem (designed by Avraham Halili) was selected as the emblem of Beersheva. The symbol has now changed, as of 2012. Bearing "Municipality" in the legend, this pin was probably worn by its employees.