Palestine/Yishuv: 'Dan' garage hat badge of the "Galey-HaMa'avir" transport company, circa. 1934-1945; not maker-marked; size: 23.25 x 30.25mm; weight: 3.45g. The emblem bears the Hebrew legend "The Garage | Dan" with the winged-tire emblem of the company below. The prongs on the back have broken off. This was the first garage of the company - the forerunner to the present day "Dan" transport company - and it was established in 1934, in Tel Aviv. The badge pre-dates the establishment of the "Dan" bus company in 1945 (from a merger of "HaMa'avir" and "Ichud Regev"), as it does not bear the emblem of that enterprise.